<Family Relations Certificate between adoptee and birth family for quarantine exemption and self-quarantine of Korean adoptees>
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Korean adoptees who enter Korea on a short-term visa are required to quarantine at a designated government facility at their own cost for 14 days.
However, the South Korean government has decided to allow adoptees to apply for quarantine exemption at a Korean consulate or self-quarantine at their birth family's residence for 14 days if it is possible to prove their family relationship.
**Cautious : Quarantine exemption is possible only when adoptees visit Korea to meet their immediate birth family(birth parent only)
To prove family relationship with birth family, adoptees have to submit a family registry with birth family(if they have it) or "Family Relationship Certificate" that NCRC issues. "Family Relationship Certificate" is a document that NCRC issues for the purpose of application of quarantine exemption/self quarantine of overseas adoptees during pendemic situation.
< How to get "Family Relationship Certificate"? >
○ Required Documents
- Request form for Adoptee and Birth Family Relationship Confirmation (either adoptee or birth familly can request it)
(Download Attached #1)
- A copy of Identification card(passport, driver's license) of adoptee and birth family (*both required)
- A DNA test result paper between adoptee and birth family
※ How to perform DNA test between adoptee and birth family
○ Required documents / DNA sample
1. DNA test agreement form of each parties ※ Download Attached #2(ENG) or #3(KOR)
2. A copy of ID card of each parties(passport, driver's license, etc)
3. 6~7 hair sample by root of each parties (please keep them in a clear zipper bag)
○ How to apply : please send required documents and DNA sample to the address below (You may send documents via email as well)
<National Center for the Rights of the Child>
6th floor, G Tower, 71, Sambong-ro, Jongro-gu, Seoul, 03150, Republic of Korea
※ It takes about 2~3 weeks to get the DNA test result (it may take longer depending on a volume of request)
< Inquiry > Please include your inquiry and urgency in email subject