Skip Navigation

FamilySearch

KAS Supports Adoptees And Their Familiesfor Their Rights And Interests to be protected

For Adoptee

For Adoptee Searching for Birth Family

* Additional use of the collected personal information : Disagree

For Adoptees
Subject Wanting To Say Thank You
Date 2020-12-06 16:47 Hit  138

·Writer Information

Writer Lee Eun Ae Email ****@*******
TEL ***-****-****
Others Lived in Sung-Ro Won Babies Home until I was 7 years old. I was adopted to a family in Oregon, USA. I am seeking my birth parents especially my birth mother to thank her for putting me in an orphanage where I was able to be placed in a good home and be given many opportunities to learn and excel that I might have not been able to. I'm now grown-up and I would like to return to Korea to make sure the birth parents are okay.

·Identifying Information

Name Lee Eun Ae Gender Female
Birthdate 1974-11-16 [Accurate] Blood Type
Distinguishable Physical Condition hearing loss
Adoption Agency Holt Children's Services Adoption Date 1982-03-02
Nationality USA Ethnicity Korean
Birth Parents unknown Siblings
Other related information I found a letter from the Holt Children's Services writing on behalf of the orphanage to my adoptive parents and this is what it reads: The birth mother worked at the orphanage as a Bomo starting in 12/19/1975 and had lived together in the orphanage until 1978. During that time, the birthmother referred her another younger child to Eastern Child Welfare Services for overseas - adoption. But the birth mother wanted to raise K80-2694 (my case number) by herself at that time. However, after the birthmother left the orphanage in 1978, the orphanage lost contact with her. At the time the director of the orphanage was not sure whether the birthmother would reclaim her or not. Eventually the child was referred to Holt Children's Services for adoption as the birthmother did not have appeared for such a long time. The birthmother called on the director of the orphanage on 5/5/81 and the director informed the birthmother that her child had been placed for an adoption. The director got her birthmother's address from her at that time of the call. I found another document titled "Confidential Information" and it reads in section C under Child's Background line item 5, it reads I was entered on 11/19/1975 to the Sung Ro Won Baby Homes from Police box. These documents contradict each other.

·Adoption Background Information

Name of the person who requested for adoption
/Name of the person who found you
Jerald and Karen White requested for adoption
Age you were adopted/ Age you were found 7 years old adopted / 1 year old
Name of the police officer or police station which take you in charge Noryang-jin Police box
Information of Foster mother
Name of the institution you stayed before adoption Sung-Ro Won Babies Home
Length of stay in the institution 6 years
Place you were born/Place you were found unknown
Other related information Hearing loss and blurry vision
Photos
< > Download : (37)
Lee Eun Ae의 사진
< > Download : (33)
Lee Eun Ae의 사진
글 이동 표
Previous There are no registered post.