Official Notice from Korea Adoption Services (No. 2015- 19)
Demand Survey on Post Adoption Program Support Project for organizations abroad
December 22th, 2015
The President of KAS
1. Overview of the project
Name of the project
Main contents of the project
Post Adoption Program Support Project for Overseas Adoptees
1) Provide Korean class for overseas adoptees and their family members
2) Support adoptees to experience Korean culture through a type of family camp.
3) Support adoptees to maintain or build networks each other and to protect adoptees’ right
4) Support adoptive parents support-groups and adoptive parents oriented education program on Korean culture
5) Provide psychotherapy for adoptees
6) Others to help adoptees for the stable settlement in their adoptive countries
March ~ December, 2016
2. Purpose of the project
ㅇ To help adoptees establish identity
ㅇ To discover proper programs which can be provided for longer period of time, meet the adoptee’s needs based on their life cycle, and enhance the network between adoptees.
3. Scale of Support
ㅇ It will be determined after reviewing applications
* Outcome of the last year program, feedback from embassies and legations abroad, etc will be considered.
4. Selection Criteria and Qualified Organization
ㅇ Selection Criteria
- The feedback from embassies and legations abroad will be considered when the program and the scale of funds are determined.
- The Scale of funding can be adjusted when the applicants exceed deadlines for the submission of final report last year.
ㅇ Qualification of applicants
- Applicants must apply through the Korean embassies and legations abroad
- Social support groups of adoptees voluntarily created within their adoptive countries
- Support the business receiving positive opinion of embassies and good score in 2015 preferentially
ㅇ Unqualified applicants
- Applicants who proposed programs that have not made sufficient outcome or the outcome was not well identified.
- Applicants who have utilized the last-year-funds for other purposes.
- Programs funded by other governmental organizations for the same program details.
- In case that the fund is utilized for the actions against the Subsidy Management Act and other related regulations.
- In case that the fund is utilized for the religious or political purposes
- Each association and organization can be funded for only one post adoption program. But exception will be made for the programs which are well-evaluated by the embassies and legations abroad.
- In case that the proposed programs are evaluated as ‘disqualified’ based on the decision of the screening committee
ㅇ submission deadline: January 22nd(FRI), 2016 by 18:00
ㅇ Required documents
- The result of the demand survey collected by the embassies or legations abroad.
- Detailed plan
- A report on the present condition of the associations or organizations
- Evaluation paper from the embassies and legations
- Bank account of the embassies and legations
ㅇ The place of submission: the Korean embassies or legations abroad in applicants’ country
ㅇMatters for inquiry : Post Adoption Services of Korea Adoption Services
- Contact info.
* Contact number: 82-2-6943-2652
ㅇApplication forms : See the attachment
6. Selection of the programs: will be made after screening the applications
ㅇ Way of screening
- Initial Screening: the Korean embassies and legation will made initial evaluation on the propriety of program subjects or program details
- Second screening: applications will be reviewed by the Screening Committee in Korea
ㅇExamination standard : tightness of program plan, effectiveness, professionalism of executing organizations, propriety of budget execution plan.
* Programs earn under score 60 will be excluded.
ㅇ If there is no proper candidate, demand survey notice will be re-notify.
7. Program Evaluation
ㅇ Feedback from the embassies and legations will be considered importantly.
ㅇ When the program outcome and final report are not sufficient enough, it could affect the screening process and the scale of funds for the next year.
- Documentary evidence: pictures, receipt, final report (number of participants, the result of satisfaction survey, outcome, etc)
ㅇWe do not return received documents.
ㅇ The result will be notified in Fabruary